Customer’s mission is to offer a wide range of high quality financial services to customers, based on advanced technological platforms, combined with an individual approach to each client's needs. Business of the Customer is targeted at long-term, mutually beneficial cooperation and stable development, facilitating growth of business connections and international cooperation in the region.
On the way of reviewing the product portfolio the Customer turned to one of the international technological partners of OMERTEX, headquartered in Riga, Latvia. Goal was to create a new version of the product already in operation, which would have an improved design, modern technologies used to implement the existing operations, and add new transaction types to meet all the needs of the modern users. Role of OMERTEX as a technology partner was to develop new functionality and make the solution scalable to meet as many specific requirements as possible. Main criteria for choosing OMERTEX as a technology partner were the absence of a language barrier, a lower cost of services, reduced costs of acquiring and training of new specialists, and the possibility of communication directly with the developers in charge.
- Business Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Functionality Development
- Bug-fixing & Performance Improvement
- Quality Assurance
- Effort: 300+ man-hours
- Start: August 20, 2015
- Status: ONGOING
- Market: LV
- Industry: Finance & Banking
- Quickly get a thorough understanding of the system and its vast knowledge-base repository.
- Painstakingly reengineer the system to put it on new and up-to-date technologies.
- Significantly increase productivity within the content management lifecycle.
- Effectively operate large amount of valuable banking information, e.g. accounts, bills, customer’s documents.
- Solve challenging tasks in a short period of time with maximum quality and efficiency (SLA).
As a technological platform, Java was chosen from the beginning as a concurrent, class-based, object-oriented, cross-platform, and specifically designed programming language to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. As a distinctive feature of Java is the usage of a special virtual machine (JVM). With it you can easily manipulate and manage hundreds of threads and get high security for your application through proper access control and connections from the JVM. Thanks to the JVM and its optimization for large multi-core machines, today we can solve almost any problem encountered in the design of high load web applications. The WORA principle was extremely important at that time, however, other options were also taken into consideration. The following functionality of the system was developed successfully:
- money transfer operations;
- search and addition of the customers to the existing client base;
- modification of already processed transactions;
- verification of the clients according to the “black” and “grey” lists;
- full synchronization between several systems; etc.
The solution was to make a client application as a back-office that works with 3rd-party services (well-known payment systems) to perform money transfers anywhere in the world. Full synchronization between the systems and a two-level security control over transactions are one of the most significant issues resolved.
By partnering with OMERTEX, the development was carried out at a fast pace using Agile software development principles. The multilayer structure of the system was considered during the whole project development life cycle. Customer got the design and the required functionality within the requested time frame and according to the high-level banking standards which would eventually lead to positive feedback and customer base growth.