Customer is a large institution in the national system of Estonian business support, financial assistance, counseling and training for entrepreneurs, scientific-research and other institutions.
The main purpose of the System is optimization of the financial document flow. Automation of work processes with these documents, as well as their structuring the storage.
The organizational activity is based on the projects. The process of any project includes the establishment and management of the life cycle of MS Office documents. With help of the System you can:
- store draft, approved and archival documents in a clear structure of the document libraries;
- quickly find information using the built-in SharePoint Server search, configured for rapid and easy receiving of the data;
- automatically archive out-of-date documents;
- send emails and notifications to the particular users in the background mode;
- provide differentiation of access rights for different users.
The orginal web-portal was designed using algorithms of the old system based on WSS 3.0. During the procedure of reengineering the causes of the loss of efficiency of the previous portal were excluded. Also new functions and mechanisms introduced in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 were used.
During the development process, the following features of Microsoft SharePoint were used:
- workflows for processing, approval and archiving of documents were created to speed up promotion of the document in the life cycle;
- data input forms were adapted as much as possible for easy data entry, that’s why many of standard field types have been redesigned and optimized;
- external lists based on MS SQL Server database tables were used as a permanent archives of important configuration data;
- automation of periodic problems was solved by using SharePoint timer jobs.
The web-portal came into industrial operation before the end of the development period, that’s why some minor bugs were emended on time, useful functions were implemented for the ultimate user as well.
.NET 3.5, C#, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, OpenXML